Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 89

What a wonderful day with family today!
Mike and I took Macy to Hayward, WI, which is about 70 miles from here - to a place called Wilderness Walk. It's 35 acres of trails and animals, kind of like a zoo, but you can pet a lot of the animals and feed them. Macy loved it!

We stopped at a gas station on the way there and I got a couple of "nutrition" bars. I looked for low sugar content. I got two bars and each had 18 grams of sugar. I was really hungry before I ate them and feeling a little shaky. I felt ok after eating them, yet a hour or so later while walking the trails looking at the animals, I felt somewhat ill. Why can't I comprehend that I DON'T TOLERATE SUGAR WELL???

Seems like everything makes me burp. UGH. At least the bars didn't give me heartburn!

We went out to eat at Famous Dave's at the end of the day. It's a beautiful Northwoods location, right on the lake, and was the first one he opened.  I got a burger and ate 3/4 of it without the bun, then a couple of bites of beans and cole slaw. I skipped the potatoes and corn muffin, which I love.

Felt good afterwards...like I ate just enough but didn't overdo it.

The ride home was nice and relaxing...Macy didn't sleep but was very good in the car - she just looked out the window and jabbered and commented on the scenery. LOL

One more day to enjoy and then it's back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment.

To your health and happiness,
Melissa