Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 93

It's Monday again. I am sitting here staring out the window at the fog, knowing it is 80 and sunny everywhere else in the state of Minnesota, except right next to Lake Superior, which is where I am. Sigh.  I think we've had ONE day in the past 2 weeks where the wind was not off the lake.  The rest of the time it has kept the temperatures at least 20 degrees cooler. I really want some sun and warm weather. I have noticed that I do a great deal of complaining about the weather. I know there's absolutely nothing I can do to change it, but that doesn't stop me from telling everyone who will listen how much I hate the wind.

Yesterday Mike and I started talking about buying a popup camper. This would enable us to drive AWAY from the lake to a campground on the weekends so we can enjoy nice weather.  The northland summers are so short as it is... it's really depressing when you have wind and fog all the time to spoil everything.  I really hope we get the camper, it would improve my outlook on the summer a lot.

So I am in week 27 of my pregnancy now - and Wednesday I will be starting the THIRD trimester! WOW!  I can't believe it. I hesitate to say it is "flying by," since it seems I count every single day and all I think about is giving birth (LOL), but when I look at the big picture, it really is going fast.

I was encouraged by my long run this weekend, I felt much better afterwards than I have in previous weeks...I don't know if it was the belly band or what, but something was different!  I took Sunday off from running/exercise, then this morning had a run of 3 miles on the treadmill.  It's always so much harder for me to do the treadmill - but I got through it and now I'm glad it's over! Time to jump into the shower... Macy will be calling for me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment.

To your health and happiness,
Melissa