Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 85 - June First

Ok, somehow I am off on my calculations... because I got the calendar out last night and counted the days til my actualy due date. 85 as of today. Tomorrow I will be 28 weeks.

I had a great weekend, the 11 mile run on Thursday, short walk on Friday, 5 mile run on Saturday, then took Sunday and Monday off from exercise, which was nice. Today I will do four miles. It looks like a beautiful day so I think I will go outside!

I can't believe it's June 1st already. I have so much coming up to look forward to.  The marathon is June 19th, then I took 5 days off the following week to go to the Cities (Mpls/St. Paul that is) with Mike for some budget meetings he has to attend. That's always fun because we get a hotel and enjoy some shopping, swimming and relaxing.  Last year was NOT FUN because Macy was just a little over a year old and was NOT about to sleep in the Pack-n-Play.  We ended up having her in bed with us where she tossed and turned and kicked and rolled around... I barely slept for two nights it seemed because I was so worried about her falling out of bed.  I am hoping this year will be better, as she is over 2 yrs old and understands a lot more... plus you can reason with her somewhat... i.e. "we aren't going to the mall tomorrow unless you go to sleep."  (She loves the mall. What girl doesn't? LOL)

I will be going on leave from work at the end of July - my last day will be July 29. I can't believe how fast that is coming up.  I am thrilled to have the entire month of August to prepare, relax and get ready for the baby.  Of course, I wouldn't mind a bit if she decided to make her arrival a couple of weeks early!

I start school on September 7th.  I am enrolled in a masters program for Exercise Physiology which lasts for one year.  Lots of people think I am crazy for starting this right after having a baby... but I am not getting any younger and I don't want to wait another year.  I will be 38 in November... it was always one of my dreams and goals to earn a masters degree and once I found the program in EXP I knew it was the perfect fit.  Oh yeah, I have to try and work too... probably about 20 hrs/wk if I can handle it.  It will all work out.

Time to get ready for my morning run and then to head off to work to our NEW building!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment.

To your health and happiness,
Melissa