Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 97 (I'm Everything I Hate!)

Ok, it's official.  I have turned into one of those whiny, grumbling, complaining pregnant women who laments and emphasizes every little ache, pain and physical discomfort to anyone who will listen.

Well, not quite...(only to my husband) but I feel as if I am getting there!

Seriously, I need to find a way to extend the way I feel in the morning throughout the rest of the day.  Right now, around 7 a.m. is my best time.  I have this optimistic mood, the outlook is bright, my thoughts tend toward the positive and the hopeful, I am not retaining water and I feel like I am a manageable size.

But as the day progresses, I deteriorate. Again, yesterday, I did not follow through with my plan of walking more throughout the day (or with drinking more water, for that matter!) I did get up around 1 p.m. to move my car and go to Walgreens...but aside from my hourly bathroom trips, I was sitting at my desk almost the whole day.  It's that damn paperwork, I tell ya! When it was quitting time, I again felt like my calves were stretched to the limit.  Geez, I hate that feeling! I know people will say I am exaggerating but I feel like a lumbering elephant...like I am waddling.  

As I sit here right now, my stomach feels cute and compact. BUT... by the end of the day I will be grabbing it like a fat man who just ate a ten course meal, flopping down on the couch, moaning, lifting up my shirt, looking at it, flexing it, poking it, cupping it with my hands... I don't know. It's just this weird thing I do.  It's like I am obsessed with my belly in the evenings.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining about everything all the time, but this is my blog and I can complain, right? LOL As I've told you, there are many joys of pregnancy.  It just seems like the difficult things are weighing more heavily on me at the present time.

Ok, back to my complaining. There's the peeing all day long. I do it so much I think because I think it will relieve some pressure and make me feel better. Oh yeah, did I mention the pelvic pressure? I remember having this with Macy, but it was MUCH closer to my due date. I am having it now from time to time and the way I can describe it is it feels like the baby is going to fall out!  I don't think that will REALLY happen, but that's what it feels like. And then the sleeping thing.  I've been getting up an average of 3 times per night to pee...and oftentimes I cannot get back to sleep for a half hour or so.  Last night I was awake from 3-3:45. Urrrgh.  It was really hot in the room, I kept flopping back and forth from side to side like a fish and I could NOT get comfortable.  Bring on the summer, huh?  It's only May 20th!

Whew. That was a lot of pissin' and moanin.' Ok. Back to my original question. How do I keep this cute, compact feeling for the rest of the day? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment.

To your health and happiness,
Melissa