Thursday, April 8, 2010

20 weeks and Still Running

Yesterday I hit the 20 week mark in my pregnancy.  I can't believe it is halfway over already!  In some ways, it seems it has been going on forever...but in others it's like it's flying by.

I have to say my pregnancy has been fairly easy so far.  I have the usual gripes many women have...getting up in the night to pee just like clockwork, trouble sleeping, getting winded carrying Macy up the stairs, being exhausted at the end of the day and dealing with this dry, itchy, flaky skin...but overall that's about it!

It's so nice to NOT be nauseous anymore...anytime I feel like complaining about my "symptoms" I remind myself how nice it is to not feel sick. 

My running has been going well.  I must say it is more difficult than it used to be of course, but I am simply proud I am still able to do it.  I run 4 days per week, usually about 45 minutes at a time...and then on one of the weekend days I will usually go on a long run depending on the weather.  Then, 2 days of the week I do P90X and on the seventh day I rest!

I have a couple of races coming up, and they're going to be here before I know it!  The Fitger's 5K is NEXT WEEKEND already!  I am a little nervous but not too bad.  It bums me out somewhat that there's no way I will beat my personal 5K record of 23:46, but that's ok.  I am going to do my best... in my head I have a goal time but I am not going to tell anyone just in case I fall miserably short of it...LOL

And then, just 10 weeks from now, Grandma's Marathon festivities begin...which is the third weekend in June.  I am running the half marathon and will be around 31 weeks pregnant then.  I have no idea what I will be like ten weeks from now.  Mike keeps telling me not to worry, that we're doing it for fun and to do it together - but I find that hard to believe coming from a man who is so wildly competitive...lol  I told him I will be happy if I can pull off ten-minutes miles. It's something I really want to accomplish though and I will be proud to say I ran a half marathon while 7 months pregnant!

The food thing is still a daily battle...sometimes it is really like torture to resist all the goodies that surround me, especially at work.  The fine ladies in my building often bring in delicious, home-baked goods, and especially after Easter there was plenty of candy laying around.  I was successful at avoiding it but it's always a struggle and I'm often jealous of the people I see eating these goodies with reckless abandon...particularly because many of them are just naturally skinny! Life isn't fair, is it?

My next doctor appointment is a week from Monday, which is when I will have another ultrasound to check the growth of all the baby's parts.  I think this is going to be a fun one because they do it in 3D!  Can't wait for that. 

Weight gain so far: 7 lbs. Not bad for halfway through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment.

To your health and happiness,
Melissa