Saturday, July 10, 2010

Into the Home Stretch (almost 34 weeks!)

According to my estimated due date, I have 46 days to go.

46 days, that's it!!!  Wonder if she will come early???  My due date is 8-25-10.  Everyone I see tells me how small I am. A lady at work the other day actually said to me, "I sure hope you get a lot bigger before you deliver!"  I thought that was a strange comment. Not sure what she meant by it... maybe that it looks like the baby has a lot of growing to do? I responded, "Well I don't!"  LOL  Who wants to get huge and be more miserable??? At my last dr. appt, the baby was estimated at 4.5 pounds, right on track for growth.  My uterus also measured exactly at the number of weeks it was supposed to.  My other two pregnancies were very similar...I carried sort of "compactly" and my babies were 8 pounds, 1 ounce and 7 pounds, 2 ounces.  I am not worried.

I am pleased with my weight gain, 18 pounds so far.  I checked my weight card from my pregnancy with Macy and right now I weigh 17 pounds less than I did with Macy at this time in the pregnancy. Of course I started out lighter this time also, but I think it makes it a lot easier, especially in the hot summer months - to not weigh so much.  It's been very hot around here this past week - and we don't have air conditioning since we rarely need it. There have been a few VERY uncomfortable sleeping nights.  It won't last, though. Today looks to be a gorgeous beach day!  We're planning to take Macy to build some sand castles. She will love it!

I've kept up my running, although it gets more and more difficult.  I'm proud that I can still run a mile in around 9:15 even at almost 34 weeks pregnant!  I haven't been doing any long runs since the marathon - I usually do them on Saturdays and the weather has been hot the past two weeks so I've skipped it.  I refuse to run more than 5 miles on the treadmill...lol  My runs are usually 3-4 miles on the treadmill in the basement where it's cool, with the fan blowing on me.  I gotta do what I can to keep myself cool and comfortable! I also do plyometrics and pushups throughout the week.

I haven't had too many pregnancy symptoms to speak of, although I have a very nasty vericose vein in the back of my leg, just below where my knee bends. I hate it... it looks gross and when I run my hand over it, it feels bumpy. YUCK. I am going to see about having it removed after the baby is born.  Mike says he can't notice it, but I think he's just being nice... No new stretch marks, though...YAY! I have a few old ones from Hailey - but that was 16 years ago and they are very faded and not very conspicuous.  I am fortunate that way : )

Well, time to get ready to hit the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment.

To your health and happiness,
Melissa