Saturday, August 13, 2011

Making it Happen

Here it is, August 13th already!  I am doing a progress check on my goals for the year. Here's what I have completed:

1.  Completed my masters' program and graduated from St. Scholastica
2.  Acquired my own office space and started Next Dimension Wellness to help promote health and wellness among individuals and people dealing with mental health/chemical dependency issues -- also became licensed as a EAP provider in the area
3.  Started a new job at a place that shares my vision to use nutrition and exercise with the MH/CD population and began writing a program description for my new position
4.  Became approved by the state to offer continuing education in exercise physiology and held my first training for providers in July

Here are my short-term goals, which I plan to achieve by 11-11-11:

1.  Complete book I am writing
2.  Run a 5K in 22 minutes or less
3.  Hold a training for MN LADCs in October and have at least 50 participants (my first training was not marketed to all the LADCs in the state)
4.  Complete manual for my new job description and implement "Fitness Focus" option by October 1st, 2011
5.  Re-engage in church by attending new pastor ceremony next Sunday
6.  Be in Florida, on a beach in the Keys, on 11-11-11 AND 11-15-11!
7.  De-clutter the house

Long term goals: (by August, 2012)
1.  Move into new house on a lake
2.  Meet Steven Tyler
3.  Patent and get financial endorsement for an idea I have for a bathroom scale (maybe I can go on the Shark Tank.. haha)

I will be using this blog, along with my Youtube videos, as a way to hold myself accountable and also to demonstrate the power of the written word and so you can see what happens when you get focused and specific about your goals...YOU MAKE THEM HAPPEN!

Get the book "Write it Down, Make it Happen" by Henriette Anne Klauser. My mom bought me this book 11 years ago and it has made all the difference in the world. I started writing my goals down -- and one by one (along with action on my part, of course) they started coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment.

To your health and happiness,
Melissa